This is Yates Scott's entry for our Chili Cook-off
Don't forget to pre-order your copy of Mom's Pantry's By Heart cookbook! SPECIAL OFFER ENDS JUNE 15th!
Choose from perfect bound,
coil or e-book
Order before June 15 and receive our free mini e-booklet "Blue Plate Specials"
Prep Time: unknown
Cook Time: 3 hours
3 lbs flank steak -fat trimmed off cut in ¼ in cubes 3 lbs ground turkey 5 lbs ground black angus sirloin 3 lbs pork loin center cut boneless chops cut in ¼ in cubes 6 jalapenos cleaned seeded and diced 2 green peppers diced 4 yellow peppers diced 2 red peppers diced 4 cloves garlic minced 4 large vidalia onions rough diced 2 cups celery finely chopped 4 15oz cans hunts petite diced tomatoes 2 15 oz cans of white sweet corn 1lb extra sharp cheddar grated **at the end 1 bunch of green onions cleaned and sliced thinly**at the end 1 large can of tomato juice 1 12oz beer, I use Budweiser 3tbsp Worcestershire sauce 6 beef bouillon cubes 1 tbsp thyme 1 tbsp cilantro 6 tbsp chili powder 3 tbsp smoked paprika 4 tsp ground mustard 4 tbsp salt 3 tbsp course ground black pepper 3 tbsp cumin 3 tsp oregano 4 tsp basil 1 tbsp chives ¼ cup sugar 1 tbsp baking soda 1 5# can of pork and beans sans the pork
1) Brown the ground turkey and hamburger and drain fat and sit aside
2) Combine everything from the can of tomato juice down to the baking soda and mix well making sure there are no lumps and place your stock pot on the stove on medium high to allow it to start heating
3) Brown your pork cubes and flank steak in a skillet then add to the stock pot and allow to cook for two hours stirring frequently so the meat has a chance to simmer, cook and break down, adding water as needed.
4) Add the ground turkey/ground sirloin and all veggies, onions, peppers and allow to cook for another hour and half on med low stirring frequently and adding water as needed.
5) Add the beans and allow to cook another 45 min on low simmer stirring frequently.
6) Serve in bowls with grated cheese and green onion and soup crackers. Hot sauce if wanted, fresh cracked pepper mill, and home made bread.