Grandma's Pork and Beans
4 cups dry white beans
¾ lb salt pork
1 tbsp dry mustard
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup molasses
½ cup catsup
½ tsp pepper
1 tbsp coarse salt
• Pour the beans onto a plate, & pick-over looking for bad beans, or stones.
• Place beans in bowl, cover with water by at least 2 inches, & soak overnight.
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
• Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hour.
• Drain beans.
• Cut salt pork into 1-inch pieces and put half in bean pot. Add beans. Put the rest of the salt pork.
• Bury the whole onions in the beans.
• Mix all the other ingredients and pour over the beans.
• Add hot water to cover.
• Bake covered, approximately 5 to 6 hrs.
• Uncover one hour before they are ready, add water if beans seem dry.