Thank you to Yates Scott for sharing this awesome recipe that he's perfected over time.
Don't forget to order your copy of Mom's Pantry's By Heart Cookbook! Volume 1 and 2 are available now!
1 loaf sesame seeded french or italian bread 6 eggs 3/4-1 cup heavy cream 1 tbsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp real vanilla (i make my own from vodka) 1 tbsp granulated sugar(can use splenda but better with real sugar) 1/4 tsp amaretto liqueur Split and scrape out the contents of one vanilla bean
also : real unsalted butter, for grilling and serving Good quality maple syrup, for serving powdered sugar for dusting if desired
1. Slice bread into 3/4 to 1-inch thick slices. (for thicker slices let it sit in the egg mixture a little longer )
2. Whisk together eggs, cream, cinnamon, vanilla, sugar, amaretto flavoring, and vanilla bean contents.
3. Heat a griddle or grill pan over medium high heat, and add 1 tbsp butter for every two pieces of French toast it will accommodate; swirl butter around to cover surface.
4. Dip slice of bread in egg and cream; flip and repeat. Add to griddle, grill until golden on one side; flip and repeat.
5. Serve with additional butter, if desired, and good quality maple syrup.
The experience is only better with the addition of good quality smoked bacon. dust with powdered sugar if desired.